Continuous Improvement Engineer
A fast-growing company, with a dynamic team, exceptional working conditions and environment.
- Strong culture rewarding collaboration, innovation, commitment and good humour!
- Each quarter we take a workday to do a team building activity (carwarsh, BBQ, volunteering, winter olympics, etc)
- Modern working environment
- State-of-the-art LEED certified production plant
- And of course, flexibility at work
The purpose of the continuous improvement engineer will be to act as a change ambassador in order to maximise Damotech’s industrial potential. In the first year of his/her mandate, the engineer will establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, mainly in the production department.
Projects and results you will need to accomplish:
- Advance the implementation of MES every week in relation to data, interfaces, functionalities, tests, etc
- Carry out the the needs’ analysis of all departments relating to ERP and MES
- Develop an annual continuous improvement plan for the production department
- Deploy the improvements planned in the plan according to their speed of implementation, their level of priority and the necessary resources
- Deploy some ‘’quick win’’ improvements in the production department
- Implement a ‘’lean’’ methodology in the production department
- Bring up avenues for improvement in order to start the 4.0 turn
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering (or any other study relevant to the position)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in continuous improvement (filed and theoretical experience facing various projects – Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, automation, manufacturing systems, KPI, manufacturing 4.0)
- Strong change management skills
- Excellent leadership (Naturally mobilize colleagues by giving direction and encourage their collaboration)
- Advanced communication skills (adapting your communications to all levels of the company)
- Have a results-oriented approach
Need some final arguments?
- Company travel if team goals are met. In September 2019, we all traveled to Mexico!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) fully covered by Damotech
- Dialogue Telemedecine service giving you access to a doctor within hours, 24/7
- Registration at the Performe-plus gym in Boisbriand covered by Damotech
- Family or individual insurance for vision, dental and medical care (50% paid by Damotech)
- Ten (10) holidays offered during the year, including two to rest during the Christmas Holidays!
- Incentive reading program so that you get paid for every book read
- Different and human activities thoughout the year
For 30 years, Damotech has been North America's largest provider of rack repair & protection solutions. Damotech has developed a range of patented products to meet the needs of its customers, including over 200 Fortune 500 companies. Additionally, Damotech is a growth leader in Canada who is ranked in the Growth 500 list.